At TheAduGuys we are leaders in designing and installing ADUs and JADUs on properties throughout California. See how we can help you add affordable housing to your property.
Californians have always been looking for ways to add affordable housing options, turning garages and carriage houses into in-law quarters or small homes to rent.
Benefits of Regular ADUs?
- ADUs are an affordable type of home to construct in California because they do not require paying for land, major new infrastructure, structured parking, or elevators.
- ADUs can provide a source of income for homeowners.
- ADUs are built with cost-effective wood frame construction, which is significantly less costly than homes in new multifamily infill buildings.
- ADUs allow extended families to be near one another while maintaining privacy.
- ADUs can provide as much living space as many newly-built apartments and condominiums, and they’re suited well for couples, small families, friends, young people, and seniors.
- ADUs give homeowners the flexibility to share independent living areas with family members and others, allowing seniors to age in place as they require more care.
While ADUs and JADUs are a substantial investment, it does add value to your property. Potential buyers will see your ADU or JADU as an asset; they may want to use it as a secondary dwelling unit, a home office, or a guest house for visitors and family.
Also finding affordable housing is the single greatest challenge facing most workers or retired Californians. Because they are smaller and share property with another residence, ADUs and JADUs are a more affordable housing option.
Adding an ADU and JADUs to your existing property places another housing unit on the market – without the need for additional land. Plus, the smaller sizes of ADUs or JADUs are a more sustainable housing option for some people than larger single-family residences.
Detached ADUs provide additional independence for the residents than attached ADUs. Renters or service providers can feel like they have their own place, with privacy from the other residence. For elderly family members, an ADU allows you to give them a greater amount of independence than they would have in a retirement community/assisted living community/nursing home.
To meet today’s alternative family arrangements, you need to use alternative housing options. ADUs make great in-law quarters and provide families with a place to care for their aging parents. ADUs are also a popular way to give adult children a place to live while respecting their privacy.
- House On-Site Caregivers
If your family relies on an on-site caregiver – like a live-in nurse or nanny – an ADU will give them the privacy and independence they need, while also giving you the on-site convenience you are looking for.
- Additional Rental Income
Accessory Dwelling Units are the perfect fit for short- and long-term rentals. If you live in a popular community, you can Airbnb your ADU and get additional rental income. Or, you may choose to live in your ADU and rent out your main residence to short- or long-term tenants.
At TheAduGuys we’ve compiled our years of experience building prefab structures into The Ultimate Guide to ADUs in California.
Call us today for a free estimate Tel. (310)-984-9398 or Contact us: TheAduGuys@gmail.com and you’ll learn everything you need to know about the ADU process – from planning & permitting to designing & construction.